On 2020-05-29 14:01, Pro Turm wrote:
2) No, I meant executing gsec independently from the install.sh

As gsec was deprecated with Firebird 3 and might be removed from future Firebird versions, it is probably good to get in the habit of using the SQL user management statements instead of gsec. If you find something that can't be with the SQL user management statements, please report it in the tracker.

1) is an independent question:

do I need to install fbclient or do something extra while installing
the Beta 2
http://web.firebirdsql.org/downloads/prerelease/v40beta2/Firebird-4.0.0.1963-Beta2.amd64.tar.gz
? Because after installation I do see error messages from my
application

I only responded to the second part as I don't know about the first part. This is a good reason to use separate emails for separate questions.