On 2020-08-11 19:01, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
11.08.2020 17:50, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
I believe that many of you are all too narrowly linking HASH and whether it is appropriate for cryptography.

What about particular CRC32 - it produces output value with length just 4 bytes, even using SHA1 with 20 bytes returned was accepted as security risk in some places (like SRP), making us move to hashes with longer output. Sean, I do not know under what condition can it be used as cryptographic hash.

  MD5 is not considered as a cryptographic hash any more as well. Shouldn't it to be removed from hash list...?

Left for backward compatibility.