On 2020-08-12 19:32, Paul Reeves wrote:
I'm working on re-creating the makefile for the api examples. I don't know
how, but it seems to have got lost a long while ago.

Almost everything still compiles in HEAD except for api16.

This is because example.h has lost the declarations for 'args'.

The history of example.h is interesting. There seemed to be a lot of
disagreement as to what exactly it should contain. Sometimes 'args' was
favoured. And other times not. Eventually 'args' lost.

As the makefile for the api examples was also removed (don't know when) it
seems nobody bothered to check whether the examples were buildable or not.

So the question is - Should the 'args' defines be restored to example.h,
or should they be declared in api16 which, I think, is the only place that
requires them now.

I would favour restoring them to example.h as there is commit history in that
file.

If you prefer example.h - I see no problems.