On 2/17/21 6:33 PM, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
Hi!

We previously decided that we does not need to maintain API
compatibility within mistakes done in alpha/beta versions.

So interfaces does not need to be versioned between unstable releases.

So it does not make sense to me to have more than one "version:" between
official releases.

We currently have in Util:

version:    // 3.0 => 4.0 Alpha1
version:    // 4.0 Beta1 => 4.0 Beta2

Should we use only one version here for v4?

I think that for the future we should not use Alpha/Beta/etc here.
In this particular case should be enough to mark very first line with:
version:    // 3.0 => 4.0
    instead
version:    // 3.0 => 4.0 Alpha1

And not have
version:    // 4.0 Beta1 => 4.0 Beta2

at all. But as long as we already have them now (including RC) I suggest do not touch this place, just add a comment that this was wrong style.