On 9/16/21 12:18 PM, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote 13.09.2021 9:39:

Yes, that should be fixed. If one builds FB with native __int128 it fails on unaligned data access. But changing alignment requirement to 16 bytes is not enough - appears some buffers are not aligned at 16-bit cause FB fails exactly in the same place. I'm going to fix all that when have time. BTW, DecFloat(34) is also 16-bit object and I'm afraid that in a case of PPC build (it has HW support of decfloats) this will cause same problems.

  Do you have an idea how to workaround backward compatibility problem after that fix?

First of all it's good to know what places are affected. Do not want to try to guess them.