On 9/21/21 3:24 PM, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
On 21/09/2021 09:11, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote 21.09.2021 13:50:
We may split that global default pool in two, so we'll have another
default pool for external (not controlled by us) libraries. All memory
allocated directly with "operator new" (not FB_NEW) will go to external
pool.
   Wouldn't it be simpler to make GlobalStorage do not use pool at all
(and do not overload global new/delete operators)?
   Pools can be employed in places where it really has meaning using
class-bound allocators. In this case the cleanup is performed on object
destruction and doesn't interfere with external modules.

It's easy and possible.

Though we will lose way to monitor leaks.

That's why this solution is usable only if we can't do something else.