Den 2022-03-15 kl. 15:37, skrev Adriano dos Santos Fernandes:
On 15/03/2022 11:23, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
Very interesting - but other name for them should be used. It's too easy
to loose difference between LT & LTT that are absolutely different things.

Maybe just "DECLARE TABLE" then?

We would refer to them as "declared tables".

In routines they will be local declared tables.

In the future, when they could also be in a package, a packaged declared
table.

From a linguistic point of view I find "declared" to be a nonsense qualification of "table". Aren't all tables declared in a sense?

The essence of these tables seems to be that they are local to "something", but the term "local" seems to be "taken" by the things called local temporary tables(?).

Would it be possible to use some other word to distinguish, instead of just leaving out "local" (which essentially loses the most important aspect of what it really is)?

Suggestions for thought:

Internal?
Volatile?
Virtual?
Transient?

Regards,
Kjell

begin:vcard
fn:Kjell Rilbe
n:Rilbe;Kjell
org:Marknadsinformation i Sverige AB;Utveckling & databaser
adr;quoted-printable:;;Ulvsundav=C3=A4gen 106C;Bromma;Stockholm;16867;Sverige
email;internet:kjell.ri...@marknadsinformation.se
title:Utvecklings- & databasansvarig
tel;cell:0733-442464
x-mozilla-html:TRUE