On 02-02-2021 00:45, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
02.02.2021 1:35, Leyne, Sean wrote:
https://www.gitmemory.com/issue/grpc/grpc/18057/486312183

There is no mention of SIO_LOOPBACK_FAST_PATH in this link

   Read carefully, please.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/stop-error-0xd1-when-you-set-
the-sio-loopback-fast-path-flag-in-windows-8-or-windows-server-2012-
14399334-f3a8-b731-3799-12899a79bf35

The HotFix is from 2012, with the last update in 2015.  I think that the underlying issue has been resolved/mitigated.

  We can only guess. Therefore I don't offer to remove the feature, but consider
to deactivate it by default.

I want to revisit this discussion. I think that given Microsoft deprecated SIO_LOOPBACK_FAST_PATH and warns against it, we should either remove this entirely from Firebird 5.0, or at minimum disable it by default.

Thoughts?

Mark Rotteveel