On 2020-07-30 09:44, Köditz wrote:
Hello everybody,

I was asked whether it would make sense to start a crowdfunding
campaign for the translation of the Russian Firebird 3.0 Language
Reference into English.

Or are there already other efforts to implement it?

I'm not sure if that is a viable course of action. IIRC, the translation effort for 2.5 cost quite a lot (the initial idea was that the money collected would also go toward translating the 3.0 version, but not enough was left) and also required a lot of post-translation editing by Helen to fix glaring translation errors. I'm considering to spend some time to use the current 2.5 version as a basis to go to 3.0 (and then to 4.0), where I may use Google translate on the Russian 3.0 version, but might also just write things from scratch. However, I haven't made solid plans for that yet as I first want to finish up the migration to AsciiDoc.

Mark