Few weeks ago I made begginer's decision to put all providers data into
production database. Yesterday I realized that one of aspx page with paging
capabilities after few pages causes that ASP waits endlessly for response
from FB server (1.5) until another application (it doesn't depend if .Net or
BDE) hits the same database. After this the ASP engine returns the page to
the browser and everything works fine for another few pager clicks.

Problem is more visible when IIS an FB are physically separated in local
network and problematic page is opened in browser in the same network. From
remote computer with slow internet connection the page works without
problems. Maybe I'm unable to click on pager button quickly enough :-).

Switching off FB Session State provider solved the problem. Redirecting it
to dedicated state database/server will probably serve as well.

But my session state is very small, only few strings from filter and current
page number, so I'm curious if I have to tweak something on the way from IIS
through FB .Net Client to FB server about connection pooling/transactions to
avoid such kind of deadlocks caused by small but frequent database updates.