> FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbException: operating system
> directive CreateFileMapping failed --->

Starting from Windows XP SP2, any user who calls CreateFileMapping in a
session other than session 0 needs the "Create Global Objects" permission
(in Local Security Policy).

This may not have been a problem for you on Windows XP because, usually, the
first person to log on gets session 0. That's changed in Vista so that the
first person to log gets session 1 (only services run in session 0 on Vista)
-- which means this also not a problem for firebird server (which runs as a
service), only embedded.

So, I suspect that if you grant that user the "Create Global Objects"
permission, log off and back on, the problem will be solved.

Dean.