Jiri Cincura a écrit :
> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Tetram Corp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Couldn't the same be done to Firebird provider/ddex?
>>

> Probably. Somebody should create some installer. The "only" problem is
> to detect VS a install appropriate reg file. You wanna contribute?

Unfortunately, I'm good enough to read the installer code but produce
one is another story :-(

so I can extract the vs detection routines from the inno setup script:

function VS2005Installed() : Boolean;
begin
  Result := RegKeyExists(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,
'Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\Setup\VS');
end;

function VS2008Installed() : Boolean;
begin
  Result := RegKeyExists(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,
'Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\Setup\VS');
end;

By reading the installer code, I also understand that it use an external
prog to register DDEX in VS
I tried to use it with Firebird.visualstudio.datatools.dll but it seems
they some functionalities  in their VS plugin which are not present in
firebird's.
I'm searching where this app come from but actually, I found no
informations.

about the .reg content, there're two inno setup projects in mysql
dataprovider sources: one for VS2008 and one for VS2005
(there're a bit too big to be posted here)

If help is requested I can offer mine... as it remains in my skills.

Thierry