How looks your connection string?

I think you miss something...data source = localhost ...

Regards,

Paul

From: Rolf Marsh [mailto:rmma...@fastmail.us]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 21:08
To: For users and developers of the Firebird .NET providers
Subject: Re: [Firebird-net-provider] [SPAM] RE: Want to run 'gbak.exe' from
within

Hi Paul... I still get the following error message:

Cannot attach to services manager service localhost:service_mgr is not
defined

How do I fix this?

Mercea Paul wrote:

Hi

Take a look at my code:

private void btnBackUp_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

        {

            //backup with service

            FbBackup fbbsvc = new FbBackup();

            fbbsvc.ConnectionString =
Properties.Settings.Default.AppConnStr;

                //take backup location from parameters;

            string dbbackup = Functions.GetSystemParameter("SYS",
"SYS_DB_BACKUP");

            if (File.Exists(dbbackup) )

            {

                File.Delete(dbbackup);

            }

            if (!Directory.Exists(dbbackup))

            {

                Directory.CreateDirectory(Path.GetDirectoryName(dbbackup));

            }

            //string backfile =
Path.ChangeExtension(Properties.Settings.Default.AppDataBase, "fbk");

            fbbsvc.BackupFiles.Add(new FbBackupFile(dbbackup, 2048));

            //fbbsvc.BackupFiles.Add(new
FbBackupFile(Path.ChangeExtension(Properties.Settings.Default.AppDataBase,
"fbk"), 2048));

            fbbsvc.Verbose = chkVerbose.Checked;

            if (chkIgnoreCheckSum.Checked) { fbbsvc.Options =
FbBackupFlags.IgnoreChecksums; }

            if (chkIgnoreLimbo.Checked) { fbbsvc.Options =
FbBackupFlags.IgnoreLimbo; }

            if (chkMetadata.Checked) { fbbsvc.Options =
FbBackupFlags.MetaDataOnly; }

            if (chkGarbage.Checked) { fbbsvc.Options =
FbBackupFlags.NoGarbageCollect; }

            if (chkOldMetadata.Checked) { fbbsvc.Options =
FbBackupFlags.OldDescriptions; }

            if (chkConvertTables.Checked) { fbbsvc.Options =
FbBackupFlags.Convert; }

            //if (chkTransportable.Checked)   {fbbsvc.Options =
FbBackupFlags.NonTransportable ; }

            fbbsvc.ServiceOutput += new
ServiceOutputEventHandler(BackupOutput);

            lbBackup.Items.Clear();

            lbBackup.Items.Add("Start BackUp: " + DateTime.Now.ToString());

            fbbsvc.Execute();

            lbBackup.Items.Add("End BackUp: " + DateTime.Now.ToString() + "
");

            lbBackup.Items.Add("   ");

            lbBackup.SelectedIndex = lbBackup.Items.Count - 1;

        }

        private void BackupOutput(object sender, ServiceOutputEventArgs e)

        {

            //show the message

            switch (cmbOutput.SelectedIndex)

            {

                case 0:

                    lbBackup.BeginUpdate();

                    lbBackup.Items.Add(e.Message);

                    lbBackup.EndUpdate();

                    lbBackup.SelectedIndex = lbBackup.Items.Count-1;

                    lbBackup.Refresh();

                    break;

                case 1:

                    if (!File.Exists(tbBackupLogFile.Text))

                    {

                        using (StreamWriter sw =
File.CreateText(tbBackupLogFile.Text))

                        {

                            sw.WriteLine(DateTime.Now.ToString() + " " +
e.Message);

                        }

                    }

                    else

                    {

                        using (StreamWriter wr =
File.AppendText(tbBackupLogFile.Text))

                        {

                            wr.WriteLine(DateTime.Now.ToString() + " " +
e.Message);

                        }

                    }

                    break;