Jiri Cincura wrote:

> http://firebird.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/firebird/NETProvider/trunk/DataDesignerExtensibility/ReadMe.txt?view=markup

Thank you! Finally found the same info on the web, but had real problems
finding gacutil.exe. This is not a dev system and I don't have VS available.

So, how am I REALLY supposed to find thiese things out if I just want to
get the Firebird provider installed on a non-dev system and into
machine.config? Seems odd that this info is tucked away in a VS related
location, since it seems to have nothing to do with VS per se.

Also, after doing all that, the import/export wizard still fails,
becuase it can't extract column info from FB. It says "Specified method
is not supported".

Could this be some (still) missing config, or is it a feature that the
FB provider doen not implement? I have no idea what method the wizard
was trying to call I'm afraid.

Kjell
--
Kjell Rilbe