I had a few glitches on my way to get the emulator working properly (still
unable to build a .cab file for it though ...), so I decided to run my
application directly (with no instalation).
I`ve setup .net compact framework 3.5, but now I get :

System.PlatformNotSupportedException: PlatformNotSupportedException
    at System.Text.Encoding.GetDataItem()
    at System.Text.CodePageEncoding..ctor(Int32 codepage)
    at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(Int32 codepage)
    at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(String name)
    at FirebirdSql.Data.Common.Charset.GetEncoding()
    at FirebirdSql.Data.Common.Charset.GetBytes(String s)
    at FirebirdSql.Data.Client.Managed.Version10.XdrStream.Write(String
value)
    at
FirebirdSql.Data.Client.Managed.Version10.GdsConnection.Identify(String
database)
    at
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.ClientFactory.CreateManagedDatabase(FbConnectionString

options)
    at
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.ClientFactory.CreateDatabase(FbConnectionString

options)
    at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionInternal.Connect()
    at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnection.Open()

Any ideas on how I might fix this? Same source is working fine on Windows
Mobile.
--
Sanity is a sin!