I don't think you can pass a column name as a parameter. If I execute
the same query using Database Workbench I also get "Dynamic SQL Error
SQL error code = -804 Data type unknown" error so it must be
limitation of firebird database.

It would in any case not be any faster since I don't think the
database can prepare and reuse the query where the columns change.

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Matej Golob <ma...@pohorje.net> wrote:
> I have problem when I use parameters and compare parameter value with null.
> I've create simple snipet code, which represents problem:
>

>             FbCommand com = connection.CreateCommand;
>             com.CommandText = "select * from rdb$database wher...@n0 is null";;
>             FbParameter par = new FbParameter("n0", FbDbType.VarChar);
>             par.Value = "a";
>             com.Parameters.Add(par);
>             var reader = com.ExecuteReader();
>

> No mather what value is, If I execute this I get error:  Invalid data type.

> is null«) of course everything works fine, so I assume there should be
> problem in provider.
>

> Thanks for help.
>

> Matej

Gerdus van Zyl