Hi all,

I'm having some trouble determining whether Firebird 2.5 Embedded on
Windows 7 used via the Firebird .NET Provider 2.6.0 is reading
firebird.conf.  My strategy was to put purposely bad values in the
file to see that Firebird chokes on them -- at this point, I'm
wondering if Firebird just skips unknown settings or settings with bad
values.  Can anyone confirm or deny that much?

I've tried placing firebird.conf in all of the following locations,
and I haven't been able to confirm whether it's being read:

* Current working directory
* Right next to fbembed.dll (differs based on 32/64 bit)
* Right next to the database file

I've also searched quite a bit to figure out how I might crank up the
logging level of Firebird's bootstrapping process without much luck.
How can I see what Firebird is doing on startup, in particular with
regard to which firebird.conf, if any, it's looking for?

Thanks,
Matthew

--
mailto:matt...@matthewadams.me