Hello,

I am getting a terrible behavior when using Firebird embedded from VS IDE. When
I use transaction, running the application from IDE is 6-10 times slower than
when application is directly run from the exe.

Following is the code template -

var connection  = new FbConnection(connectionString);
var transaction = connection.BeginTransaction();

// Create and run commands (Here i run thousands of SELECT stored procedures
that share the same connection and transaction);

transaction.Commit();
transaction.Dispose();
connection.Dispose();

For instance, running from the IDE takes around 6 minutes while the same takes
40 seconds when run from exe. Also, performance is consistent (takes 40-50
seconds) when I don't use transaction or using Firebird Server with transaction.

Does anybody know what is going on here?

Thanks,
Sanjay