Thanks for your response but it doesn't quite make sense.

Although obviously empty, the database is created without any error. Surely a permissions error to the file should resulted in an error during creation? Also, as the project folder resides within 'my documents', should there be any permission problem?

Also the error doesn't make sense: "Can't load file FesDatabase.cs under C:\Users\Jiri\Desktop\NETProvider\source\FirebirdSql\Data\Client\Native." There is no C:\Users\Jiri folder on my PC, this obviously relates to one of the developers Jiri??

Kind Regards, Wayne