thank you very much for this link.
I am having some small problems in getting the connection to work.
Instead of hard coding it to every ASP.NET WebForm I am looking for a
way to use it from Web.config
I tried this way but I think I am lacking provider as this gives me
error "Keyword not supported: dialect.", how to add here Firebird provider?
in web.config it is defined as following <add name="ConnectionString"
connectionString="dialect=3;port=3050;data source=localhost;initial
catalog=&quot;C:\Program
Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\examples\empbuild\EMPLOYEE.FDB&quot;;user
id=sysdba;password=masterkey"
providerName="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" />

             SqlConnection conn = new
SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionString"].ConnectionString);
             SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("ADD_EMP_PROJ", conn);

             cmd.Parameters.Add("@emp_no", SqlDbType.Int);
             cmd.Parameters["@emp_no"].Value = 2;

             cmd.Parameters.Add("@proj_id", SqlDbType.Text);
             cmd.Parameters["@proj_id"].Value = "DGPII";

             try
             {
                 //open connection
                 conn.Open();
                 cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
                 conn.Close();
             }
             catch (Exception ex)
             {
                 //handle error
                 throw (ex);
             }

I am sorry to ask so basic questions but I am new to .NET and Firebird
.NET provider usage could also be better documented and could come with
samples.

thanks.