Hello all,

There seems to be much debate about this out there on some web pages.

Is it actually possible to compile the ADO.NET provider with the
AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers attribute, and configure it for medium
trust environments.

This is the defacto standard for hosted environments, or even basically
those that are security concious about the websites we run.

If it is possible, is there an example written somewhere on how to
achieve it, or enough information to step through the process, and I'll
happily try to document it if it is possible.

The initial basic tests I've performed have it throwing security
exceptions in Medium and High trust environments in a .NET4 environment,
even when recompiled with the AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers, as it seems
to fail when the FbConnection tries to execute DemandPermission method.

Are there basic requirements of the connection string to allow running
in medium trust, or the assembly as a whole?

Kind regards,

Scott :)