Hi, but how to detect app is running on server side or on local,I used to
search for firebird process but I found as I said, fb was installed also on
client side,so the trusted point to get that info is from firbird connection

thanks.

On Monday, December 16, 2013 10:05 AM, Mercea Paul <paul.mer...@almexa.ro>
wrote:

On 12/16/2013 08:34 AM, Mr. John wrote:

>That I also do, but I only apply  database update scripts on
        server machine,also some users using default app installer
        installed also FB server on 'client' side.
>I also want to warn about that.
>thanks

Increment application version on server side, as final step in installation
process  and check in your client startup if meet the correct version.
Update if necessary . You dont need to know if client run locally or
    remote, you need to have compatibility between client app and
    server/database structure.

--
Paul MERCEA