Hello,

I am using the .NET provider version 4.1.0.0 with the x86 embedded server
version 2.5.2.26540. I'm new to Firebird and my goal is to use it to replace a
sqlite database.

My problem is that when I open an embedded database with FbConnection, my
program hangs for a few seconds (sometimes up to 9!) after the Main() returns.
Here's a simple example:

    private static void Main()
    {
      const string connectionString =
        "User=SYSDBA;Password=masterkey;Database=sandbox.fdb;ServerType=1";

      if (! File.Exists("sandbox.fdb"))
        FbConnection.CreateDatabase(connectionString);

      using (var connection = new FbConnection(connectionString))
        connection.Open();

      Console.WriteLine("Finished");  // appears several seconds before program
exits
    }

Should I be doing something differently? Is this normal?

Thanks,
Philip