Good day,

I'm using version 4.1.0.0 for .NET 4.5/4.0 with Entity Framework support of
the Firebird ADO.NET Data Provider.

I'm experiencing an InvalidCastException when trying to get a value of a
field which I assigned the DB type as decimal.

Looking further into the problem I'm seeing that the returned value is not
of type decimal but instead of type Int64. Casting to Int64 solved the
exception but the problem is that the returned value is not of fixed
precision.

As an additional note, I'm using Firebird embedded, the latest version
found on the page.

Regards,
Dave