Pardon my ignorance but is there any documentation on FbTransaction and
FbTransactionOptions?

What I want to do is start a transaction with IsolationLevel of snapshot,
and with wait timeout of 1/10 second.

Here is what I've come up with, but not sure I've the correct behavior nor
if this is even smart to do this

FbTransactionOptions fbopt = new FbTransactionOptions();
fbopt.WaitTimeout = new TimeSpan(1000000);
fbopt.TransactionBehavior = FbTransactionBehavior.Wait |
FbTransactionBehavior.Concurrency;
using(FbTransaction trans = conn.BeginTransaction(fbopt))
{
}

Also, since this is a method called by many other methods, I would like to
be able to change the IsolationLevel, in code, when needed.  So is this the
correct way to do it and is there any documentation what behavior equals
what isolation level?

Dixon

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Jiri Cincura <disk...@cincura.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:16 PM, E. D. Epperson Jr
> <dixonepper...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > recommend something I could try to reduce or eliminate the deadlocks
>
> Without a knowledge of what and why the program is doing this it's
> hard to have some advice. Basically you want to eliminate the records
> being updated from two transactions at the same time.
>

> --
> Jiri {x2} Cincura (x2develop.com founder)
> http://blog.cincura.net/ | http://www.ID3renamer.com

Dixon Epperson