On 7-7-2014 15:43, LtColRDSChauhan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1.  I attempted to migrate from Firebird 3.0 Alpha 1 to Alpha 2.  After
> a backup / restore I'm not able to connect to the database using .NET
> Provider.  I've the following updated in the Firebird Config file :
>
> UserManager = Legacy_UserManager
>
> AuthClient = Srp, Win_Sspi, Legacy_Auth
>

> 2.  FlameRobin connects fine.
>
> 3.  Please help.

When you install Firebird 3 - unless you already enabled legacy
authentication in the installer - you will only have a user account in
the new SRP authentication model. As you edited the firebird.conf later,
you currently do not have a legacy authentication user.

To fix this, you need to
1) Edit firebird.conf again and
1a)set the UserManager to Legacy_UserManager:

UserManager = Legacy_UserManager

1b) Set WireCrypt to Enabled (instead of Required), or even Disabled so
that the server doesn't require encryption

WireCrypt = Enabled

2) Restart Firebird (not 100% sure if necessary)

3) Next you need to create another SYSDBA account (using gsec) so it
also exists as a legacy user. I am not 100% sure if you only need to do
"gsec -user sysdba -password masterkey", or that you explicitly need to
do "add sysdba -pw masterke" from the gsec prompt.

The reason Flamerobin works is that it uses the Firebird 3 fbclient.dll,
so it automatically supports the new authentication model and encryption.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel