As I also posted on stackoverflow, you need to install the DDEX provider as
well. I tested that yesterday and it worked for me.
Mark

----- Bericht beantwoorden -----
Van: "Widmer, Rico (M&amp;F Engineering AG)" <rico.wid...@oerlikon.com>
Aan: "firebird-net-provider@lists.sourceforge.net"
<firebird-net-provider@lists.sourceforge.net>
Onderwerp: [Firebird-net-provider] Not able to choose Firebird ADO.Net Data
provider as data source in VS2015
Datum: vr, apr. 15, 2016 12:11

Hallo everybody
I am struggling creating a Firebird connection in Visual Studio 2015.
I have a C# class library with which I would like to connect to a Firebird
database.
I installed these plugins from NuGet:

But when I try to add a new Item "ADO.NET Entity Data Model" with "EF
Designer from database", the Firebird connection is not listed:

I installed as well the “FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient-4.10.0.0.msi”
package from http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/additional-downloads/ just in case
an entry in the machine.config file is needed.
The "FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" reference exists in the Visual Studio
project.
The entry in the App.config file is:
<DbProviderFactories>
<remove invariant="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" />
<add name="FirebirdClient Data Provider"
invariant="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" description=".NET Framework Data
Provider for Firebird"
type="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FirebirdClientFactory,
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" />
</DbProviderFactories>
Can anybody help me with this issue? How can I create a database connection
to my Firebird database?
Thank you very much in advance.
Best Regards,

Rico