I have have had problems using Windows Entity Data Framework. In some cases, I can't open an edmx file in Visual Studio (that I had compiled from scanning a database perhaps a year earlier, always receiving "Provider Not Found." Very frustrating.

I am now considering switching to MySql, even though I would prefer to stay with Firebird.