t) I've tried FbConnection.CreateDatabase ... using info from StackOverflow:

    int pageSize = 4096;
    bool forcedWrites = true;
    bool overwrite = false;
    var connectionString = new FbConnectionStringBuilder
    {
        Database = stPathFilename,
        ServerType = FbServerType.Embedded,
        UserID = "SYSDBA",
        Password = "masterkey",
        ClientLibrary = "fbclient.dll"
    }.ToString();
    FbConnection.CreateDatabase(connectionString, pageSize,
forcedWrites, overwrite);

I had presumed this is standard, except for the stPathFilename.

However, this code throughs an exception ... complains about
fbclient.dll.  I'm not sure what to use for Client Library.