I have an extensive set of reporting tools in Excel that run against the
Firebird database in Fishbowl Inventory using a DSN-less ODBC connection
string. The string is...

Const cnn = "ODBC;Driver={Firebird/InterBase(r)
driver};Client=E:\Fishbowl\odbc\fbclient32.dll;Datasource=192.168.3.200;Database=E:\Fishbowl\database\data\AS
 SOLAR.FDB;UID=gone;PWD=fishing;"

As you can see, the server has been installed on the E drive, and this sheet
works great on that machine.

However, when I move to other machines in the office, I get generic errors - a
problem in VBA's reporting of ODBC problems.

So first question... can I point to a client DLL on another machine?

Assuming I could not, I changed the Client= to the path to the DLL on the local
machine, but that didn't help.

Any suggestions on how to test this? VBA basically hides all real information
in these cases and simply returns "1004"