Hi,

Backup service in FDB uses Firebird Service that operates on the server.
So in case of backup it can produce backup files only at server (nothing
except the log output is transferred to the client). To create local
backup from remote server you have to use gbak tool on client that
connects to remote server. See
http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/gbak.html for details.

regards
Pavel Cisar
IBPhoenix

Dne 19.9.2013 11:35, S. Mindorf napsal(a):
> Hello all,
>
> I'll try to make a backup from a firebirdserver to my local computer via
> python and fdb but I can't do.
>
> Is is possibel?
>
> And if yes how is the syntax?
>
> I tried from my workstation:
>
> from fdb import services
> con = services.connect(host='fb.example.com', user='sysdba',
> password='masterkey')
> con.backup('/opt/firebird/data/my.fdb',
> 'localhost:/home/s.mindorf/employee.fbk', transportable=True)
> backup_report = con.readlines()
>
> but it doesn't work.
>

> I also tried from my workstation:
>
> from fdb import services
> con = services.connect(host='fb.example.com', user='sysdba',
> password='masterkey')
> con.backup('/opt/firebird/data/my.fdb', '/home/test/fb.fbk',
> transportable=True)
> backup_report = con.readlines()
>
> this is working but now the file is local on the server....
>

> Both systems are linux.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Soeren

<*> Your email settings: