Hi Pavel,

Thaks for response.
The SO question clarifeid me about this Firebird limitation.

Regards.

---In firebird-python@yahoogroups.com, <pcisar@...> wrote :

 Hi,

 This has nothing to do with FDB. Parameters (?) are implemented by
 Firebird engine itself, FDB just supports it. So you should ask such
 question in Firebird-support list, or check out

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37348807/data-type-unknown-in-case-expression-with-only-parameters-as-values

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37348807/data-type-unknown-in-case-expression-with-only-parameters-as-values

 regards
 Pavel Cisar