Hi,

FDB uses ctypes.find_library() to locate the client library, see
https://docs.python.org/3.6/library/ctypes.html for details how this
works. If Firebird (or at least the Firebird client) is installed
normally on your local computer, then fbclient.dll should be located
just fine.

Alternatively you can pass client library spec to fdb.connect(), or use
fdb.load_api() before any call that uses FDB (typically connect) that
allows you to specify the client library location. See
https://fdb.readthedocs.io/en/v2.0/reference.html#fdb.load_api

BTW, "host" is the specification of server machine (typically tcp/ip
address), so host='C://' does not makes sense.

best regards
Pavel Cisar
IBPhoenix

  • [firebird-python] ... Philip Godkin philip.god...@gmail.com [firebird-python]