Nick Upson wrote:
> looking at the logs for other processes, all of the last four occurrances
> happened at the same time as an isql session was run against the original
> database.
> I can't think why there is any need for this isql session and the gbak
> session creating the new database to interact via the lock manager but the
> timing is exact to the second for all four.
>
>  I shall look further back to see if this holds true for earlier sessions.

My guess is that isql also uses a connection string without
"localhost:". Take a look at process list (ps command) and you will
probably see two lock managers running under different Linux user accounts.

Try adding "localhost:" to ISQL as well and it should work fine.

HTH

--
Milan Babuskov

The easiest way to import XML, CSV