I have been having database corruption problems with a Firebird 2.0.5 database
on Windows 2008 32-bit.  I checked the forced writes setting and forced writes
were disabled.  I says to myself I says, AHA this is the problem.  So I use
gfix to enabled forced writes.  I check that there were enabled using gstat.
Everything looks good.  If I wait a couple of seconds and check using gstat
again, forced writes are once more disabled.

That the heck is going on?  We certainly don't have any processes that are
disabling forced writes.