venussoftop wrote:
> I was wondering if there was a way to find out if people are using any of the
> FireBird Databases on a given computer.

Define "using". Do you mean "using via Firebird server" or
"reading/writing the file"? Do you have Firebird server or use embedded?

If you want to see if databases are used by the server, find the server
process and look at open files. For example, using Firebird classic on
Linux and databases with FDB extension you can use "lsof" with "grep"
like this:

lsof | grep fb_inet_server | grep .fdb

Of course, you can also go step-by-step. Use "ps" to get the PID of FB
server processes and constrain lsof to those. Or, if you know paths to
database files, you can use "fuser" command to see which processes
attach to it. (although, if you know all databases, you can connect and
use monitoring tables as well).

> If this can be done from a command file, rather than interactively, that is
> all the more better.

Which operating system are you using?

--
Milan Babuskov