Mags Phangisa wrote:
> I have changed the field to a text blob but the hard return is still not
> being recognised. I use ibase_blob_echo($rec->FLDNM) to display the data.
> What could I be doing wrong?

ibase_blob_echo() means you're probably using PHP, so you're probably
using HTML as output. HTML does not render newline characters by
default. You have two options:

1. wrap the output in <pre>....</pre> tags

2. use nl2br PHP function. In this case you cannot use ibase_blob_echo
as you need to pre-fetch the blob data into string. To extend the BLOB
example from PHP manual, you would use something like this:

<?php
$result    = ibase_query("SELECT blob_value FROM table");
$data      = ibase_fetch_object($result);
$blob_data = ibase_blob_info($data->BLOB_VALUE);
$blob_hndl = ibase_blob_open($data->BLOB_VALUE);
echo         nl2br(ibase_blob_get($blob_hndl, $blob_data[0]));

--
Milan Babuskov

The easiest way to import XML, CSV
and textual files into Firebird: