Den 2012-09-09 06:20 skrev Vishal Tiwari såhär:

> But if I have internet not an Intranet facility, then also would it work ?

Intranet or internet doesn't really matter re "works" or "doesn't work".
Internet has higher latency, which is nog very good for Firebird's
chatty protocol, but it does work. You need to make sure all firewalls
open port 3050 (or whatever port you choose for your FB server). You
also need to make sure the clients know where the server is, i.e. its
hostname or its IP address. This would normally be done either by using
a regular domain name like yourcompany.com or if you don't have a domain
name, simply make sure the server has a fixed IP address (most ISP:s
provide this service at a low extra cost).

Now, the data will travel over the internet unencrypted, so you either
need to decide that this is no problem (not sensitive data) or establish
a VPN or secure tunnel, e.g. using Zebedee as mentioned earlier. This
might slow down the connection a bit further, depending on your
situation and setup.

If the data traffic is too slow, due to the combo of high latency
internet and FB's chatty protocol, you can write an extra
tier/layer/server thingy that executes on the same machine as the FB
server and handles all communication with the actual database server.
Your clients would talk to your server thingy instead, hopefully using a
more efficient protocol.

Kjell