Hello Bob,

> currently at 90GB. We have sweep disabled, and each night run gbak,
> gfix --sweep, as well as reindex all tables via a script.

Seems like you do correct things, but do you check that sweep is really
successful?

Look at the transactions' markers log in IBTM (IBSurgeon Transaction
Monitor), gathered from Profitmed database (120Gb, 400 clients, 2mln
transactions per 12 hours):
http://www.ib-aid.com/images/transactions_maintenance.gif

You can see gfix -sweep operations 2 times per day (~6am and ~21am),
which were successfully performed: there are 2 moments when all
transactions markers (Oldest, OAT, OST and NEXT) are equal (Next is +1).

This is one of critical things to watch for if you really want to sweep
your database.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon www.ib-aid.com