On 4-1-2014 03:57, quanpha...@gmail.com wrote:

> I created a table in Firebird 2.5 with the following code:
>
> |CREATE TABLE DMSV (MASV  CHAR(8) CHARACTER SET ASCII NOT NULL,
> TENSV VARCHAR(120) CHARACTER SET UTF8 NOT NULL,
> LOP CHAR(10) CHARACTER SET ASCII NOT NULL,
> SDT VARCHAR(11)CHARACTER SET ASCII NOT NULL,
> EMAIL VARCHAR(100) CHARACTER SET ASCII,FACE VARCHAR(100)
> CHARACTER SET UTF8, PRIMARY KEY (MASV));
> |

> When i type Vietnamese character into Column "TenSV", the result cannot
> show the right character, it only shows the "?" character for some
> special Vietnamese character (ex: "?" for "ể"). I changed the character
> set to WIN1258 but the problem cannot be solved. What should i do to
> store the correct character? Thanks a lot for any help. :D

As I also posted on stackoverflow:

The character (ể) is unicode codepoint U+1EC3, which is not part of
[WIN1258][1], and therefor won't be stored (or displayed) using WIN1258.
Make sure you use UTF8 for both your connection characterset,
database/column characterset and that the application, console or
whatever you use for display also supports this character.

   [1]: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/cc305151.aspx

--
Mark Rotteveel