---In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, <luigisic@...> wrote:
 > Hallo,
 > I have a PC with two clients:
> - fbclient21.dll (I use ZeosLib + Delphi) for version 2.1 in windows\system
> - fbclient.dll for version 2.5 in windows\system

  Why do you think you can't use just v2.5 client ?

> Both clients connect to the server version 2.5 and I cannot change this
> unless I update the application that uses fbclient21.dll.

  What problem do you have ?

 > If I put firebird.msg in Windows\system I create a conflict by different
> versions of clients (2.1 + 2.5).

  Nope. But you better should not put non-system files into Windows system
folder

 > There is a way to put firebird.msg for 2.1 version in a directory that
 > not conflict with the one for version 2.5?

  Choose any folder you like, put firebird.msg there and set environment
variable
FIREBIRD_MSG pointing to this folder. You should set it before you'll load
fbclient.dll.
But, again, you have no reason to do it.

Regards,
Vlad