On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 7:43 AM, Halim Boumedjirek
halim1...@hotmail.com[firebird-support]
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> I used default restore settings and I got over 8 hours of restore time.
> Increasing the cache size using gfix -b did not help at all. I got the same
> result. I don't think it helps during the restore process.

A lot of the work of a gbak restore is recreating all the indexes.
 Firebird creates indexes on existing data by sorting the data then
building the index on the sort result.  You might look at the sizes of the
sort buffers.  Small sort buffers require that Firebird write out more
small segments to disk.  I don't know if the default for sort buffers is
smaller for classic, but it might be.

Good luck,

Ann
  • [firebird-s... halim1...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]