Hello everybody,

I need to split an input string and import some data in tables, like this
(simplified) '123423453456'

In this case, the value 1 is 1234, value 2 = 2345. With a while loop the
values were inserted, if I get an error (value is not a integer), then I
will delete all records with this import-id.

Now, value 1 should be add to an total counter, f. e. old value = 10000, new
= 11234. If I get an error, I would like to return to the old value. Now I
have the following idea, I create a new column named tmp_insert an enter the
value to add. If all records were inserted without any errors, I can add the
new value to the total one and reset the column to 0. Now my question, how
handled firebird this with concurrency, if I call the stored procedure more
than once a time. Will ervery step worked to the end before the new call
runs? Can it be problematic? (column tmp_insert and add to the total value)

Thank you.

  • ... 'checkmail' check_m...@satron.de [firebird-support]
    • ... Svein Erling Tysvær svein.erling.tysv...@kreftregisteret.no [firebird-support]