I've only just recently installed the latest version of Firebird and developed
a small test application and associated fdb on a Windows 8 desktop. I've copied
the following Firebird files to the same folder as the exe but cannot connect
to an embedded Firebird:

icudt30.dll

icuin30.dll

icuuc30.dll

ib_util.dll

fbclient.dll (renamed)

I've also copied InterBase Objects (V5.2.0.8) IBSQL into the exe folder and
tried connecting to the database via this client but get the same ISC ERROR
CODE:335544375, ISC ERROR MESSAGE: unavailable database error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Adam

Did you read the release notes and the section on how to deploy the embedded
server? You should because you are missing some files

Alan

  • [firebird-supp... Adam adam...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • RE: [fire... 'Alan McDonald' a...@meta.com.au [firebird-support]
      • RE: [... Adam adam...@gmail.com [firebird-support]