Van: "caste...@titelive.be [firebird-support]"
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Aan: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Onderwerp: [firebird-support] numeric value is out of range
Datum: do, okt. 30, 2014 09:14

Hi all,
I try to figure out why i have a problem in my database since i convert it from
firebird 1.5 (dialect 1, no charset ) to firebird 2.5 (dialect 3 and defined
charset to utf8).
The following SQL failed in the new database (fb 2.5 dialect 3). It worked in
fb 1.5 (dialect 1). ---->>>> Even if i try to cast the result in a numeric
value. ---> That's what i do not understand.I can understand that a numeric
divided by another numeric can give a float... but why the cast does'nt work ?
SELECT    cast(        cast(8975.00038147 as numeric(18,8)) /  cast(1.06 as
numeric(18,8))     as numeric(18,8))FROM RDB$DATABASE
notes : - the values 8975.0038147 come from is a field value. field definition
is float.- the problem that i actually have occured in a procedure where there
is a computed variable.CA_BRUT_HT  = :CA_BRUT_TTC_fact / :TAUX_TVA;
where the three variables are defined as numeric (18,8).But ibexpert show me
the SQL that give the problem (the select i pasted in this mail).
What's the best to do ? working with float variables ?

Thanks in advance for the light you can give me with that problem.

Best regards,Marianne

  • [firebi... caste...@titelive.be [firebird-support]
    • [f... Dmitry Yemanov dim...@users.sourceforge.net [firebird-support]
    • Re... 'm...@lawinegevaar.nl' m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]