From: mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2014 10:10 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] RDB$GET_CONTEXT()

On 12/12/2014 12:23 PM, 'Martijn Tonies (Upscene Productions)'
m.ton...@upscene.com [firebird-support] wrote:

  Hello Lane,

  >I've got a V2.5 DB, and using DB Workbench.

  Good. ;)

  >Based on a hint from the Firebird Book, I tried the following query, hoping
  >to get a Session_ID:
  >'select rdb$get_context('system', 'session_id') from rdb$database;'
  >
  >I got back a "Dynamic SQL error -804 Function unknown RDB$GET_CONTEXT"
  >message. What am I doing wrong?

  Well, I'm getting:
  Invalid namespace name system passed to RDB$GET_CONTEXT

  But at least the function works.

  In Database Workbench, if you expand the "UDFs" node after establishing a
  database connection, is RDB$GET_CONTEXT listed?

  With regards,

  Martijn Tonies
  Upscene Productions
  http://www.upscene.com

Actually, there's nothing in the UDFs section of my DBWorkbench... on any of my
DBs. Is there something missing from my installation?

Lane C.

  • ... lcampbell lcampb...@nwsoftware.com [firebird-support]
        • ... Geoff Worboys ge...@telesiscomputing.com.au [firebird-support]