On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Rudi Feijó rudi.fe...@multidadosti.com.br
[firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> *I noticed that, when upgrading to 2.53, it is highly advisable to restore
> db’s that were on 2.5.1, as stated in the docs :*
>
> *Warning re Databases Created or Restored under Firebird 2.5.1*
>
> All users upgrading from Firebird 2.5.1 to a higher sub-release are
> strongly advised to migrate databases using *gbak* backup/restore. If
> this is impracticable, at least rebuild all compound indices in the
> databases being migrated.
>
> Databases being upgraded from older Firebird versions (ODS 11.1 and lower)
> or v.2.5.0 are not affected by this regression.
>

> My question is, do I need to perform the gbak on 2.5.1, then the restore
> on 2.5.3 ? Or is it ok if I simply gbak/restore on 2.5.3

To the best of my recollection, the problem was specific to compound
indexes.  Gbak doesn't copy indexes, it recreates them in the new version
of the database, so it shouldn't matter which version of the server or gbak
you use to create the backup as long as you use the new gbak and new server
to restore the database.

Good luck,

Ann
  • [firebird-su... Rudi Feijó rudi.fe...@multidadosti.com.br [firebird-support]