> On Feb 24, 2015, at 3:29 AM, Svein Erling Tysvær
> svein.erling.tysv...@kreftregisteret.no [firebird-support]
> <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> I answered:
>>> Could it be that another transaction not visible to your current
>>> transaction has inserted a row that creates a lock conflict with your
>>> insert and that your code repeatedly tries (and fails)
>>> to insert?

I missed the fact that it was an insert, not an update that failed.  That could
be a conflict with a long running transaction which has inserted the same value
for a primary key.
>>> Or that it is a real deadlock, where one transaction first successfully
>>> updates record A, then fails on record B,
>>> whereas another transaction has successfully updated record B and fails on
>>> record A?

That should be reported immediately.

>>> Typically, there would be no problems on INSERT, whereas UPDATE could
>>> create problems. Getting the problem on INSERT, I'd say
>>> indicates some kind of lock conflict which means that you have some UNIQUE
>>> field or constraint or don't use generators to
>>> populate your primary key.
>
> Sukhen answered:
>> is it could be any buffersize/memmroy issue. please, suggest if it is how to
>> check it in firebird
>> please, somebody help me out

Buffers and memory shouldn't cause the process to stall for hours.

Best regards,

Ann
  • ... SUKHEN DASS sukhend...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
  • ... Ann Harrison aharri...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]