> On Mar 7, 2015, at 9:43 AM, brian br...@meadows.pair.com [firebird-support]
> <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks folks, particularly to Ann - that bit about the way Firebird
> arranges the indexes itself was the clincher. It seems difficult to
> find a full manual for Firebird unless I speak Russian (I don't!), all
> there seems to be on the main site are updates - unless this is meant
> to mean the full manual updated to version 2.5, in which case it's a
> strange (and misleading) way to put it.

Long standing problem.  When Inprise released the InterBase sources, they
didn't release either the doc set sources or the test system.
InterBase/Firebird was already a very large product and creating an open source
doc set was daunting.  Helen Borrie wrote a very complete book for APress,
which has been updated and is available on-line, but not free.  There's a
project to translate the Russian book to English.

Good luck,

Ann

  • [firebird-supp... brian br...@meadows.pair.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... 'Carlos H. Cantu' lis...@warmboot.com.br [firebird-support]