---In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, <dressel@...> wrote :
 > > We are considering moving from 1.5x to 2.5x. 95% of our user base is using
 > > FB embedded (using Delphi and IBO) . We have a few thousand
> installs on Windows and it could be quite painful if this doesn't go
> smoothly--like sinking a boat in a storm.
>
> We have a few questions:
> 3) Is there anything we should be aware of?

  Windows embedded before v2.5 was based on SS architecture. In v2.5 it is
based on Classic architecture
(SuperClassic to be precise). So, be ready - some default settings is changed.
For example, page cache by
default will be 75 pages, not 2048 as before. Also, your application will open
database file in non-exclusive
mode and another instance (or app) might attach at the same time.

Regards,
Vlad

  • [firebird-supp... dres...@tbinc.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... 'Carlos H. Cantu' lis...@warmboot.com.br [firebird-support]